WHO IS IN THE ZOO??



WHO IS IN THE ZOO??

It is a fine summer’s day, so I decided to take the bus and on a whim, I got off near the city zoo, the sounds of the wild birds, and what lay behind the impressive façade intrigued me. School kids noisily went in, without a second thought or any doubts. But I was still full of apprehension. I knew in my heart that something strange would happen yet I did not fight that feeling or turn around and go to a nearby mall. So I steadily moved forward and bought a ticket and from that moment on I was fully and totally committed to enjoying the zoo experience.
After admiring and walking around this piece of land turned into a fake jungle I crossed a small bridge, and there behold before me, I found myself in the land of the primates.
That overwhelming feeling, once more came over me, that this was it and an unseen force had guided me to this spot to experience whatever it had in store for me, the game was on and I was game.
They say eyes are the windows to the soul, does that include the primates.
Well, I tell you ask me no questions I will tell you no lie, the answer to that question is still being debated in the basement of some museum of natural history. So there in front of me gazing straight at me a young brash teenage
chimp, and before you know it our eyes were locked into each other for quite a long uncomfortable time, I thought he was going to ask me to show my ticket. The chimp stares me down, but even now his gaze follows me, then all of a sudden he walks over to the corner where an old silverback was sitting. I took a closer look at the old silverback, which was enormous, and then he turned his face towards me but said nothing but expressed the desires of his heart to me. As if he said, he longs for his home in the jungle, can someone take him there, he misses his family and friends, he is old, he is blind and has tears in his eyes. He has lost his will to fight and flee and freedom to roam the jungle is just but a dream.
The great silverback looked mournfully one more time in my direction with the young brash chimp at his side and said with his eyes
“You paid the price; you bought the ticket to enter my majestic domain to pay homage to me now you know the truth. So now you may go and cross the moat and exit my domain.
Then finally with the flair of a king, he waved and his gaze finally let me go free.
I wondered who is free and who is the captive.
So who is in the zoo?
One man, one primate, one zoo, who is in the zoo?

God Bless You DMD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sarasota FL

My Earthy Shadow.

Love lost